I'd love suggestions on other yummy stuff! I havent tried anything crazy like blending up a hamburger yet, but who knows how long I'll survive before doing that. Anyone have favorite foods from before they could chew??
I've been striving for some variety in the food since eating blended soups gets so boring after awhile. The refried beans were so easy. I mashed up an avocado with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, lime juice, minced up cilantro, salt and pepper then let that sit and get happy in the fridge while I heated a can of traditional refried beans on the stove with salsa to soften them up a bit. Once the beans were hot, plop the guac on top and there you go! deliciousness on your plate.
Some other foods I've been eating:
- scrambled eggs
- oatmeal blended with milk to make it smaller
- COFFEE MILKSHAKE! This is so delicious- cooled down coffee, coffee ice cubes, vanilla ice cream and whole milk. omg so good!
- overcooked mac 'n' cheese in fun shapes- I ate this last night and struggled with it a bit but still managed to eat half the box (kind of a small serving for an adult). I thought the shapes were good because they weren't very hard to mash on the top of my mouth with my tongue.
- fruit smoothies made with greek yogurt (lots of protein)
- applesauce (I got the kids' size gogo squeez packets) for a quick snack
- ensure :( even though its not that good for you it is just such an easy go-to food that I drink them when I need something quick
- fruit/vegetable juice from my juicer. (Trying to sneak in some more nutrients)
- started taking multivitamin
on another random note: I haven't sneezed or blown my nose since surgery. Every time I feel like I need to sneeze I quick grab my saline nose spray and that makes it go away
here are some new pictures:
|swelling is down, but definitely still have chubby cheeks|
|side profile, see all the swelling in my cheeks/ under my mandible?|
|top teeth are over the bottom!|